Pink Banana Theatre Co.
2008 – Present
Mad Science – Hartland, WI
Project Non-Violence – Milwaukee, WI
A community program associated with the Greater Milwaukee Boys and Girls Club focusing on the theatre process with local inner-city youth.
Bucketworks – Milwaukee, WI
June 2004 – 2007
Theatre Program Director
- Head of program creation and development including classes, facility maintenance & upgrade, recruitment, promotion, bookings, performances, internship, member services as well as close involvement in theatre related events & productions, theatre group creation, and company development for unique nonprofit organization.
- Assisted and supported creation of six theatre groups ranging from improv troupes to large-scale nonprofit theatre companies.
- Provided for further growth and advancement of four existing companies.
- researched and improved resources available to group and individual members through web-based database and content system.
- Continuously document daily and long-term progress.
- Created improvisation workshop serving over 600 people annually, emphasizing technique, style, presentation and production.
- Designed and constructed multiple facility upgrades including a 400 sq. ft. stage, light& sound control booth, recording studio, library, woodshop, and costume & prop storage.
- Through private donations, acquired twenty theatrical stage lights, multiple stage curtains, over 200 audience chairs, six large 3-tiered audience risers, assorted costumes & props, and multiple stage platforms over the course of 18 months solely through donation.
Experience Art Riverwalk – Milwaukee, WI Spring 2005
Title: Theatre Co-Chair
Oversaw the organization of all theatre related activities for two day City-wide event
Responsibilities: Recruitment of various groups, theatre companies and theatre professionals as well as management of all theatre operations.
Matt Kemple Designs – www.mattkemple.com 2002 – Present
Designed and modified original web sites and graphics for local companies, organizations and individuals.
Responsibilities include graphic design, site layout, marketing, general server maintenance, domain maintenance, upkeep of up to 10 domains
Columbus Children’s Theatre – Columbus, OH 2003
Title: Touring Actor
Member of a 4-member repertory company which toured over 250 schools yearly.
Responsible for set up and strike of sound equipment and set equipment, performing for audiences of 50-1000, teaching writing workshops for elementary school children and closely interacted with children aged pre-school thru eighth grade.
Max & Erma’s Restaurant – Columbus, OH 2002
Worked in a fast-paced work environment
Responsibilities included customer service, attending to large and small groups simultaneously, close watch on customer needs, as well as multi-tasking, opening and closing duties.
Not Licked Yet Frozen Custard – Fish Creek, WI
Whistling Swan Bed and Breakfast/ Cygnet Shop
2001 Title: General help
Mountasia Family Fun Center – Columbus, OH 1998-2001
Responsible for managing a staff of up to ten employees, daily deposits, game maintenance, customer service, opening and closing duties.
Title: Game Technician
In charge of general arcade game maintanence, coin removal and counting.
Title: Go Kart Operator
Kroger Supermarket – Columbus, OH
General Contractor Apprentice – Columbus, OH
Title: Apprentice/ Intern
Learned general woodworking, painting technique, scaffolding,
Skills include: proper power and hand tool use, safety
Retrieved from http://www.mattkemple.com/?n=Employment.WorkHistory
Page last modified on September 06, 2010, at 08:44 PM